Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I'm a believer: Take Two

My title refers to this original post found here. This is an update!

I recently mentioned this post to my supervisor because things have really exploded (on Twitter) lately....in a really, really good way! When I last wrote about getting involved in Twitter chats and such, I feel like I was just barely scratching the surface. I am now an active member of several more chats and even moderating a new chat weekly. If only this all counted towards real professional development hours! (Does it?! Hmmmmm.....)

My district is now really involved with chats and in such a short amount of time, I've learned so much from participating in them. All are welcome and I guarantee you'll enjoy them if you stop by. Here's an infographic to tell you more:


I am active on #PISDedchat and #PISDartchat and I am moderating #PISDmusic. (Though I'm sure we will be having other moderators step in at times!) All of these are informative chats full of supportive, helpful, knowledgeable educators who really know their stuff. As the lone music teacher on my campus, it has been invaluable to reach out to others and get to know what they're doing at other schools. This large district doesn't feel so big anymore as I've gotten to "know" several others around me through this great network.

As for outside of these chats, I try to join #elmused on Tuesdays at 8 CST (when I'm not totally exhausted and can keep my eyes open!) and there is still #musedchat on Mondays at 7 CST and there is a new #slowchatmus that posts a question each day to answer at your leisure.

With all these options, it's so much fun to participate. Hop onto Tweetdeck if you want to organize all of this separately, too.

If you want to participate but don't know where to start, leave me a comment! Let me know how I can help you. I hope to see you on a chat or just conversing on Twitter. Simply put, it's just a great way to connect with others.

1 comment :

  1. I just nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! Congrats! Here is the link of how it is done: http://kodalymusicteacher.blogspot.com/2015/03/one-lovely-award.html

    ReplyDelete