Monday, March 3, 2014

An ice day? Really?!

And helloooo to you too, March!

Wait, what?

Yes, here we are, March 3rd, and we have the day off due to icy conditions. What?! I'm going to acknowledge the only way I know how, especially considering last night's deserved Oscar win by now-EGOT songwriter Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez:


Oh, Idina Menzel (or as John Travolta calls her, Adele Dazeem), you're my hero! Can you please go back to Wicked and be Elphaba long enough for me to hop a plane to New York?

Anyway, snow day equals more lost days in the music room. This makes me crazy and anxious. You see, in the music world, when we lose days, we pretty much don't get them back. We may make them up at the end of the year, but time is of the essence. I need them NOW, not later. :) But, I'll make the best of it this week and try to get the kids caught up the best I can.

This week, 5th graders are working on some theme and variations a la Mozart to "Ah Vous dirai-je Maman" and 4th graders are comparing tika-ti and ti-tika. 1st grade has done things a bit out of order (and has just come off of a program) so they just discovered quarter rest and Kinder is playing some high and low sounds on xylophones. 2nd grade is getting ready to learn re and 3rd is still trying to wrap up those centers.

Just one request...can the weather please, please clear up in time for Spring Break? Thanks. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment