Saturday, August 16, 2014

Time flies....

Summer is officially over. Usually I'm really sad about this, but this year is fairly different. As I've mentioned before, I'm energized, focused and ready to get started! Well, not completely ready....my room is a mess and bulletin boards are half-done.....but I'm getting there. :) I do have one bulletin board done, waiting for my students' contributions:


Since taking this picture, I've asked some of my Twitter followers to tweet some examples to have ready for the kids. I got some inspirational responses such as, "What can lift your spirits when you are feeling down?" from @trudy_fern and "What brings life to my soul?" from @MusicHeather. I will be sending home squares of paper so that they can write down their questions for the board. I won't be able to fit all 500+ on this small board though, so I'll have to pick out a few a week to display and rotate them out for the first few weeks of school. I can't wait to read some of their thoughts!

Other than that, I've been busy working on my window that greets the children as they enter my room. For the past few years, it has always said the same thing. It has always had my signature quote, "If you cannot teach me to fly, teach me to sing." Before leaving for the summer, we had to remove everything from the walls so the school could be painted. Unfortunately, I had to just about destroy my old window display. It wasn't in the best shape anyway due to its age so I'm remaking it and updating it a bit. I was worried that it would seem a bit stale to go back to the same old quote and display, but several coworkers walked by and said, "NO! Why are you taking it down?! Are you going to put it back up?!" So if they liked it as much as I did, I think it's safe to say the kids maybe did too. :)

So here I am on a Saturday, hoping my new best friend Oscillating Fan will help me finish my room a little more. I'm really hoping to share some more pictures soon. I have really enjoyed searching through some of my favorite blogs seeing everyone else's rooms.

Here's to a welcoming space to make some great music during this new year!!


No comments :

Post a Comment