Wednesday, April 1, 2015

One Lovely Blog Award

Wow! I have been away for a long time so I definitely don't deserve this recognition! A special thanks to my sweet friend and colleague Melanie of Confessions of a Kodaly Music Teacher for the nomination of One Lovely Blog Award! I'm flattered that she follows my blog.


I'm still fairly new to this blogging thing and definitely haven't been exposed to any awards, link parties, etc. so let's see if I do this right! I think I'm supposed to give some rules for this award:

  1. Thank and link back to the awesome person who nominated you.
  2. Share seven things about yourself.
  3. Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.

Number one, check! Thanks again, Melanie! You are the best!

Now, for seven things about myself...
  • I have an almost 10 year old son who knows 36 (or more?) digits of Pi. He's obsessed and I love him!
  • I have a phobia of reptiles in general, but I am now the proud "mommy" of a spoiled bearded dragon named Waffle. He's like my second baby.
  • I love to craft in my spare time and would rather DIY than buy.
  • I love the imagery of birds....the fact that they sing, fly....my classroom is decorated in birds.
  • My iPad Mini and I are pretty much attached at the hip. I can't remember life before it.
  • I have a hard time passing up good deals on washi tape and yet I hardly ever use it because it looks pretty on display in my craft room. Same thing with fabric. I love how pretty fabrics look on my shelf so I have a hard time actually using it for projects.
  • I was terrified to sing by myself in school (all the way up until I began teaching, actually) and once broke out into hives singing with my ensemble at a required high school competition. I empathize with my shy students while trying very hard to normalize solo singing in my classroom! (Oh, and you still won't catch me doing karaoke.)
Now to nominate 15 other bloggers! I didn't actually know 15 music people with blogs (until now!) so I'm going to list some of the music bloggers that I have met and followed through Twitter. I tend to follow more craft blogs because I get a lot of ideas and inspiration for classroom manipulatives, materials and even simple DIY organizational furniture! 


1 comment :